Top Ten Reasons Why Employees Resign
I am employed for six months now. Just wondering why some employee had a rush decision of ending their employment. I hope they consider the fact that its been a tough world out there and finding a job decent would be tougher.
Lay July 06, i was hired as a "Medical Reviewer," actually there were twenty of us hired on the same date, but we were assigned on different accounts. Three of my batchmate resigned. The first resigned in December and before the month end another one was "AWOL." This Monday another one filed for a resignation. We were working on the same account. We've talked about her impending resignation and she was very vocal about ending her employment. From there i learned that she had some personal issues that needed to be settled.
As an employee, we always aim to go up in the echelon of the industry we are in. Nobody wants to be stagnated of being a laborer for the rest of your life. And i think this is one of the reason why an employee resign because he/she sees no hope for progress, probably because the competition within the company is tough. Another reason would be a conflict between you and a co-worker or to the people you served. To clear up our mind, here are the top ten reasons why employees resign according to Sonnie's Porch
- Your company is experiencing a downward spiral.
- Your relationship with your manager is damaged beyond repair.
- Your life situation has changed.
- Your values are at odds with the corporate culture.
- You’ve stopped having fun and enjoying your job.
- Your company is ethically challenged.
- For whatever reason, you have behaved in ways that are considered improper at work.
- You’ve burned your bridges with your coworkers.
- Your stress level is so high at work that it is affecting your physical or mental health and your relationships with your friends and family.
- And the top ten reason to quit your job? You are unchallenged, need more responsibility, and seek opportunities that just don’t exist for you in your current organization. You’ve explored the current and potential options, and they are limited. It’s time to quit your job.
I hereby give you notice of my resignation. (add a reason if you wish, but you don't have to). My contract states that I need to give ______ weeks notice, therefore my last working day will be (insert date). (If you have holiday to take, state when you would like to take it, or if you don't take it, for it to be paid at the end of your employment). Thank you for the opportunities you have given me, and for the skills I have learned whilst working in the organization/company.
Yours sincerely, (your name and signature).